School & Classroom Enrichment Grants
We are now accepting grant applications for 2021-2022 school year projects!
Get Funding for your Innovative Idea
from HEF and the Community!
Hillsborough Education Foundation uses an online grant application platform that allows teachers and principals to post school projects or programs to seek funding through collective efforts by a pool of individual investors and HEF. Our chosen platform allows the community to search for a specific school, teacher or subject area to see the great work you are doing and select projects or programs to fund.
Hillsborough Education Foundation has dedicated dollars to help fund innovative school and classroom projects. These projects help excite young minds beyond what some school budgets may allow. We encourage those who submit an application to promote their project to garner support through email, Twitter and Facebook using a designated link for each project.
Hillsborough County Public Schools teachers and administrators may submit applications for consideration. Project requests must be at least $100 and cannot exceed $2,000.
Information about the Grant Application Process
- You must use your @hcps.net district email address to register to use our grants platform during the application window, then complete your project application(s).
- If you have previously registered using our online grant platform, log in using your @sdhc.k12.fl.us email. You must go to “My Profile” to update your email to your @hcps.net address before completing a new application.
- Once an application is submitted, it will go through a two-step approval process. The first step is for your principal to approve or deny the project via an automated email sent upon submission. Once your idea is approved by your principal and accepted by HEF, it will be posted on our online grant platform. You will be notified via email that your application will be considered for funding by HEF’s Review Committee. You should now begin promoting your project.
- If your project is funded, a brief outcome report, donor thank you letter from the recipient and thank you notes from students must be submitted by May 2, 2022, along with optional photos.
- Please note, your submitted application will be visible to the public, so be sure to make it interesting and use language that the general public (your potential donors) will find compelling.
- You must notify the HCPS Grants & Research Operations (GRO) office of your intent to apply for funding by completing a Grant Application Notification form at bit.ly/GrantAppNotify. It may also be accessed from the HCPS Staff Hub webpage: use the dropdown menu and select Grant Application Notification form. This form must be filled out at least two weeks prior to submitting your grant and must be completed for each opportunity you pursue. Please review the HCPS Grant Guidelines here: bit.ly/2020WayOfWork.